One of my favorite photography blogs that I read is David Ziser’s Digital ProTalk. He’s an accomplished wedding photographer and photography instructor who does some amazing things with light. David is about to go on tour with his Digital WakeUp Call, a 4-hour seminar with the theme of “Exciting Light.”
I’m really excited to hear what he has to say; he’s an expert both at photography and the business of photography. Photography is all about light, and it should be fun to learn some new tricks.
He’s starting a tour of 58 cities at the end of this month; odds are that he’s coming to a city near your area. I’ll be at the Portland event on May 6th.
David has provided a special offer for readers of the Hockley Photography blog – sign up for the event using promo code ZAHDWC09 and get in for only $59 – that’s a $20 savings. Four hours of photography talk from an expert for less than sixty dollars is an amazing value. In addition to the information, everyone who attends will get these bonuses:
- Tour Handbook including: program notes, photography, marketing and more
- 2 Hour DVD with extended program content
- $100 Rebate from American Color Imaging
- 1 year membership to WPPI and Rangefinder magazine, a $99 value
- FREE 3 month membership to DigitalProTalkPlus.com, a $45 value
- FREE 3 month subscription to PPA Magazine, a $15 value
- FREE PPA Indemnification (no-fault) insurance for all new PPA menbers, a $50 value
- Over $2,500 in door prizes awarded each evening
- And a chance to win 1 of 4 Grand Prizes worth over $5,000
Want to get in for free? I’m holding a contest and the winner can attend David’s talk for free. The theme for the contest matches the theme for the Digital WakeUp Call tour: Exciting Light. Here’s how to enter:
- Get a Flickr account if you don’t already have one (it’s free to sign up)
- Upload up to three photos that demonstrate “Exciting Light.” It can be natural light, studio light, strobes, or any other light source you can dream up. Anything exciting is fair game.
- Tag the photo(s) with dwc09 and hockleydwc – this is important, and how I’ll find the contest entries.
- Spread the word! Send folks to this post so they can attend the Digital WakeUp Call tour and enter the contest.
The contest deadline is March 27th at 7:00 PM (PDT). I will contact the winner (based on my totally subjective criteria of most exciting use of light) via Flickr with the information needed to attend the Digital WakeUp Call (any city) for free. I’ll post and blog about the winning photo here (by entering the contest, you grant me permission to post and blog about your photo). I can’t wait to see what is submitted (I’m almost as excited about the contest as I am about the Digital WakeUp Call tour itself).
Even if you don’t enter the contest, use the discount code (ZAHDWC09) when you register for the Digital WakeUp Call to save $20.
This Post Has 4 Comments
DaleChumbley7 Mar 2009
How exciting! This sounds very cool and I really hope I can make it. Better yet, I'd love to win my way in. That would be even better!
Aaron7 Mar 2009
Excellent. Cant’ wait to see your contest entry.
David Martschinske9 Mar 2009
Hockley, Brotha! For that price, it's a steal. I'm going to try to make it with an awesome light entry. We'll see what I can come up with. Thanks for the challenge.
DaleChumbley9 Mar 2009
Drat! Now I'm in trouble… LOL